Counselling is the safe presence of another person who you can talk to and explore your thoughts and feelings with. This is the first step towards honouring and respecting yourself which ultimately increases your self esteem.
It is one of the best investments you can make because you are investing in developing yourself. It requires courage as you explore your inner world and ask questions such as why is this happening to me? What am I doing with my life? And maybe even why am I here in this world? Working together with a trained professional counsellor can help guide you through this process toward greater personal understanding and acceptance and unlock your true potential.
What Conditions Can it Help?
- If you feel unhappy or confused because something unexpected has occured and thrown you off balance.
- If you feel depressed and angry towards people you live and work with and get easily upset.
- If you need support during a time of crisis in your life.
- If you are unable to love and accept yourself as you are
- If you find you are using substances (alcohol, food, drugs) or behaviours (road rage, overspending) as a way to cope.
If you feel stuck and unable to make decisions.
There are no easy solutions to these issues but counselling offers the opportunity to face them in a supportive and safe way and help you discover who you are - a unique individual with beautiful gifts.
What Benefits can be Expected?
The process is about unlearning your old unhealthy patterns of thinking, behaving, and relating, and learning new more positive ones. It is about restoring self esteem and healing any damage caused by negative conditioning and past relationships. It is ultimately about loving, valuing and empowering yourself.
Counselling can help you:
- Feel better about yourself
- Resolve inner conflicts
- Discover the purpose of your life
- Understand the family system you were born into and how it impacted on you
- Deal with shame, guilt, sadness and anger
- Learn to be free